UAVEND WATFORD LLP
BINFIELD FARM, NEWPORT
ISLE OF WIGHT
There have been farms for over eight hundred years in this small country hamlet of Binfield. Originally known as Claybrook, the lands were owned by the monks of the nearby Quarr Abbey from the thirteenth century until the Abbey’s dissolution at the hand of Henry VIII in 1536. Important because of the nearby streams and lakes, which were originally used to cultivate fish and oysters, the farms have always prospered here. These two lakes were also used as mill ponds for a number of early tide mills and they now form the basin of the next-door Island Harbour Marina development, also owned by Uavend Investments LLP.
Together with the adjacent fields, the farm consists of a large recently modernized farmhouse, large courtyard, two adjacent cottages and a number of stone walled traditional barns which are ideal for the planned barn conversion development which will be constructed over two phases, to form 7 individual properties when completed.
The farm is also convenient to the Marina, the Breeze Restaurant and also the River Medina, with its riverbank walks and cycle track.
Binfield Farm is approximately 3 miles from both the Fishbone and East Cowes ferry terminal, making it an ideal location for commuters.